Sunday, June 30, 2013

Teas that help fight night terrors & an update!

Hi everyone!

I'm back from staying with my best friend/'sister' and her family in St. Louis for two and a half weeks. I left the morning after the anniversary of my mom's death. I just couldn't handle being in my house... She passed away in our living room, so I can't even sit in there usually.

While I was in St. Louis, my best friend (who used to work for Teavana), introduced me to two different teas from Tea Forté -- Lemon Vervain (also known as Lemon Verbena) and Lemon Lavender. Both of these teas have really helped me sleep!

According to WebMD, Lemon Vervain/Lemon Verbena can help with:
Lemon verbena is a plant. The leaves and the flowering tops are used to make medicine.
Lemon verbena is used for digestive disorders including indigestion, gas, colic,diarrhea, and constipation. It is also used for agitation, joint pain, trouble sleeping (insomnia), asthma, colds, fever, hemorrhoids, varicose veins, skin conditions, and chills.
In foods and manufacturing, lemon verbena is used as an ingredient in herbal teas, as a fragrance in perfumes, and as an ingredient in alcoholic beverages. 
How does it work? 
Lemon verbena contains a substance that might kill mites and bacteria.
It truly has been letting me sleep much better than I have in a long time! Both teas are loose, so you will need a tea infuser or something similar.

If you are planning on trying the tea out (25 servings for $8!), please send me a DM on Twitter or leave a comment here. If you use a referral, we both get a $5 credit to the site! Each account can only recruit 5 people (to limit how much people can make through referrals), but I could really use the credits, since disability still hasn't come through and my dad's work is moving from Illinois to Ohio, so he's trying to find a new job.

Please let me know if you've tried these teas and if they've helped you! I'd much rather drink a cup or two of tea at night rather than take medication -- and I know that this feeling is shared by many spoonies.

In other news, I broke 2,000 followers! I'm in shock! My significant other, Kolton, sent me the link to the BBC article on The Spoon Theory by the ever-so-lovely Christine Miserandino (@bydls), the woman who runs ButYouDontLookSick.com, only moments after it was posted! It seems I broke the story on Twitter -- I've had so many RTs! Thank you all so much for helping me spread the word about The Spoon Theory. As someone who has an invisible illness, The Spoon Theory has helped me explain to my teachers in high school and college about what it is like to live with one.

I'm planning on beginning to start blogging regularly again! Hopefully I can stick to it this time, lol!

Love you all!
SpoonieJen

No comments:

Post a Comment