Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Anger and Frustration

A few days ago, I had a major flare begin. All I've been doing is lying around, stretching when I can, and avoiding extra movement as I can... The pain levels are extremely high. I've been doing my best to help around the house, but I have been a lot less active than I normally am. Every time I move I have to avoid screaming... Over the years I have become very good at holding a mask up and not showing the pain. Most people are surprised to find out how much pain I really am in because I am so good at hiding it. I haven't had a choice about hiding it, it's the way it has had to be. I feel like I look dead. I can't feel emotion when I'm in this much pain... I just want to cry. I've had people questioning if I really am in a flare and it hurts so much to have to defend this to them... I just don't know what to do. Chances are I am reading way too much into this and taking it too personally, but I just can't help it. 

Since the flare began, I have noticed that I am extremely irritable. I am generally not an angry person, but I have been getting flashes of anger over little stupid things... Things that really should not be bothering me. It scares me. I shouldn't be angry like this. I just want to scream.

I am so frustrated with all of this. I saw my neurologist on the 24th and told him how I have been really worried that there is something else going on with my body other than fibro. My doctor ordered a full lab work up and a metabolic panel. I see him on the 22nd. I am so nervous... I'm very scared that something else is going on. I really should not be this sick with just fibro. Ugh.

Right now I cannot even describe how upset I am in general. I am having such a hard time coping with everything lately. This snow is just killing me and I have not reached the peak of this flare yet. Blahhh...

2 comments:

  1. I do hope that the doctor has some answers for you. I hope you feel much better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Jen. I know how irritable I get when i am on a long streak of ridiculous pain and symptoms without any sign of relief. It's certainly understandable, so don't sweat what anyone else says. When you need understanding, come to your FM-ily. :) When things get this bad, you have to go into survival mode and just get through it. Just try to remember that you will feel better some day and hold onto that.

    Please take care and keep us updated! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete