Thursday, July 15, 2010

Update

Hi all... These past two weeks have been very difficult for me. As said on Twitter, I would tell everyone what was going on this week.

Last Monday, mom was admitted to the hospital due to severe side pain. They transferred her to the hospital where her medical file was. She was admitted. Thursday night, my mom returned home. They ran bone scans, CAT scans, MRIs, and a liver biopsy.

My mom's breast cancer has moved to her liver. The tumor is rather large, from what I understand. Surgery is not an option. They are going to be giving her chemo pills indefinitely. I do not know what stage it is at. Her doctor has high hopes and thinks that she will be fine.

I don't know what to do. I'm angry, I'm scared, I'm upset... I'm numb to be honest. I just don't know what to do.

Chemo starts tonight I think. Please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers... I'm so scared.

4 comments:

  1. ((hugs))Jen. Your mom is in our thoughts and prayers. I hope she can get the best treatment possible. Keep the family fun up to keep her spirits up is also the best medicine.
    I survived ovarian cancer at a very young age. I was vigilant about keeping myself tested since my grandmother died of ovarian and breast cancer. Doctors would have never caught my cancer until it was too late if I did not get myself tested. Even then they did not believe I had severe cancer at such a young age. Severe pain sent me to the ER before I could have surgery. Even then, I was lucky to survive.
    We will all keep your mom and family in our thoughts.
    ((hugs))
    Teia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will say a prayer for you and your mother. I lost my brother to cancer a year ago, and other family members, too.

    I have found much solace at npr.org/ourcancer. Feel free to drop by there. We have a prayer post there.

    Blessings and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, I'm sending you lots of love and hugs. I know things are going to be ok. Something in my heart just tells me so. And the dr has a positive attitude towards it, so that's a good sign too.

    In the meantime, I am always here for you. Feel free to im, text, or call me anytime. That's what friends are for! :)

    (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there, Jen and Jen's mama. We are all pulling for you. I can't begin to imagine what it's like to go through all that - both of you! I'm hoping things go as well as can be expected. In the meantime, please don't forget to spend some quality time forgetting about health problems and having some fun. Life is too short to forget to laugh.

    ((hugs))

    Benia

    ReplyDelete